Some things I’ve written . . .
- The time a Michael Jackson impersonator, living Heisman Trophies and a bunch of college football royalty got together to celebrate Tom Osborne’s retirement.
- A visit to Homewood, Alabama, for a profile of Nebraska running back Ameer Abdullah.
- Tracking down the screen printer-turned-psychologist who created the Blackshirts logo.
- Archiving a shamefully large collection of ball caps from my teenage years.
- An essay on the most devastating football play ever created – the option.
- A data-based search for the center of the college football recruiting universe.
- A column from the Peach Bowl on Scott Frost, UCF and the “what the hell, it’s just football” approach that helped the Knights go undefeated (and stake their own claim to the 2017 national title).
- Lou Reed reviews Yeezus and it’s great.
- Spending the Kentucky Derby at one of Omaha’s last nods to its horse racing history for a short-lived cocktail column.
- A look at Nebraska football’s ever-changing history with rivalry.
- A movie-themed preview of Nebraska spring football in 2017.